We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Roundup is a continuous action herbicide designed to completely eradicate all types of weeds. The negative effect of the herbicide is directed to weeds, without the penetration and accumulation of harmful compounds in the soil.
- What are herbicides
- The composition of the Roundup preparation
- Roundup - instructions for use, dosage of the product
- How to properly breed Roundup
- How much money will be required to process the site
- The benefits and harms of using
- Processing safety
- Roundup herbicide reviews
What are herbicides
Herbicides are chemicals that work to control weeds.
Depending on the nature of the action, there are:
- Absolute herbicides - continuous action, which are often used when it is necessary to completely destroy all plants. Widespread practice in industrial development of the area;
- Selective - selective, which is used both in large agricultural enterprises and in private gardening.
This division is arbitrary. So, it is important to remember that the level of selective action depends on the concentration of the agent. If the permissible level of a substance is exceeded, there is a danger of destroying not only harmful plants, but also useful agricultural crops.
At the same time, if the dose is insufficient, the risk of developing the opposite effect - accelerating the growth of weeds, significantly increases.
When using herbicides on plots, it is important not only to take into account the rules for their cultivation and treatment of the plant, but also the safety rules. Some selective drugs, if they come into direct contact with the skin and mucous membranes, can cause serious irritation.
The composition of the Roundup preparation
Roundup and similar substances of this series are used to eliminate weeds such as sow thistle, cereals and dicotyledons, dandelion, burdock, they affect both annual and perennial weeds.
The composition of the tool includes:
- The active ingredient is glyphosphate - 450 g / l;
- Isopropylamine glyphosphate salt 607 g / l;
- Surfactant - 180 g / l.
Glyphosphate, as the main active ingredient, acts directly on plants. At the same time, the surfactant promotes deeper penetration into the root system.
During processing, the solution first gets on the leaf blades and stems and only then penetrates the root. At this stage, the processes of amino acid synthesis are disrupted and the subsequent death of the organism.
One of the main features of the substance is the fact that its constituents do not accumulate in the substrate. As a result, after spraying the land, any agricultural crop can be planted.
Roundup - instructions for use, dosage of the product
Traditional processing of the soil with this substance is carried out in summer and spring, when the number of weeds increases.
For the fastest and most accurate action, it is recommended to follow all points of the instructions:
- It is recommended to dissolve the drug exclusively in clean water. Sludge impurities significantly reduce the effectiveness of the substance;
- With increased water hardness, it is recommended to increase the concentration of the mixture by 1-3%;
- When spraying, the device should be at a height not more than 80 cm from the soil surface;
- It is better to process it after the rain has washed away the dust from the plants. This contributes to the fastest possible penetration of the drug into the plant. At the same time, it is important to remember that dew treatment loses most of the effect. Moisture dilutes the solution, reducing the level of its effectiveness;
- Do not spray in windy conditions. The danger of the solution getting onto neighboring crops is significantly increased;
- Although the mixture has a high level of resistance to temperature fluctuations, its effectiveness decreases during hot and frosty times.
In addition to the general instructions, it is important to familiarize yourself with the dosage of the agent before starting treatment.
When preparing the solution, it is recommended to take into account the type of weeds, for the destruction of which it is aimed:
- In early spring, when cultivating the soil, it is recommended to use 5 liters of the mixture for every 100 square meters of soil;
- Weed sprouts that appeared before the first shoots of the main crop should be treated with a mixture of 80 ml of herbicide and 10 liters of water;
- To eliminate annual parasitic plants, it is recommended to use a solution of 60 ml of the product in a bucket of water. When processing perennial plants, it is necessary to increase the concentration of the mixture several times.
When using this remedy, it is important to remember that when it gets on a cultivated plant, it also inhibits its growth. In addition, Roundup is not compatible with other herbicides. If the soil has been treated with this preparation, re-treatment with another can negatively affect the condition of the crop.
How to properly breed Roundup
The optimal ratio for diluting the substance before direct use is 5 ml of the drug per 0.5 l of water. This method is especially convenient when using a solution in ampoules.
However, if the purchased drug takes from 50 ml to 1 liter, it is recommended to dilute it in parts. In this case, it is worth focusing on the need and size of the cultivated soil area.
It is not recommended to store the prepared solution for a long time. The mixture loses its effectiveness, it is better to process the soil immediately after preparation of the preparation.
The use of a spray gun in work and Roundup is not recommended. Fine dust particles of the mixture can get on neighboring seedlings of agricultural crops, which negatively affects their growth and development.
A properly prepared mixture has a high level of potency. Already on the tenth day, from the moment the solution enters the body, the weeds will begin to wither and finally disappear.
How much money will be required to process the site
When processing plots with Roundup, it is important to take into account the instructions and general safety rules.
In addition, there are a number of basic parameters that must be considered before starting work:
- On a plot with an area not exceeding 200 square meters with a predominance of melons and potatoes, 80 ml of the drug mixed with 10 liters of water will be needed;
- The destruction of weeds in garden and vineyards is carried out in the same form and in the same dosage as for melons;
- Preventive measures to prevent the development of the weed problem foresee the use of 80 ml of herbicide diluted in a bucket of water.
It is important to remember that the use of Roundup on the eve of the harvest or on the eve of harvest is strictly prohibited. This can negatively affect the condition of the harvested crop.
The benefits and harms of using
Roundup refers to a broad spectrum of drugs. Approved for use in individual and farm households.
The benefits of the mixture include:
- It quickly decomposes in the soil into neutral, safe for humans and animals, compounds;
- Does not inhibit the germination of agricultural crops;
- Refers to the safest herbicides with the third hazard class;
- Precision affects weeds;
- It inhibits the growth of various types of harmful plants (monocotyledonous, dicotyledonous, annual and biennial).
However, along with the beneficial properties when using this tool, some negative points are also noted.
- The active active ingredient of the drug increases the level of susceptibility of plants to diseases and inhibits the growth and reproduction of nitrogen-fixing microbacteria;
- When the substance gets on the mucous membranes, there is an increase in pressure, a feeling of headache and nausea, malfunctions of the cardiovascular system, edema and pain in the eyes;
- Addiction of weeds to the drug with a subsequent decrease in the level of action;
- The constituent elements of the preparation, especially glyphosphate, are toxic to humans and animals in their pure form;
- Suppression of the vital activity of soil microorganisms, insects and worms.
Before using the product, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with all its pros and cons. During processing, it is important to follow safety rules and follow the instructions for the preparation and dosage of the solution.
Despite the fact that Roudnap belongs to the substances of the third hazard class, it is strongly recommended not to forget about the rules of personal protection when using it.
The main points to keep in mind are:
- It is forbidden to prepare a solution for soil treatment in food utensils. For this purpose, any bucket or plastic canister will do. The material of the container does not matter, the product does not lose its effectiveness when interacting with plastic or metal;
- If during the preparation process the solution accidentally spills, you need to thoroughly wash the floor with plenty of water;
- Direct work must be done with gloves, closed clothing and protected head. By protecting yourself as much as possible from the danger of getting the product on the body, you can significantly reduce the danger of poisoning;
- After finishing work, you must take off your clothes and wash your face and hands thoroughly;
- If liquid gets into the eye, rinse immediately with running water, after washing your hands;
- In case of contact with the skin, immediately rinse the affected area with plenty of water;
- It is not recommended to smoke, drink or eat during work.
It is recommended to store the product out of the reach of animals and children, as far as possible from food and drugs.
After the drug is used, the packaging should be burned away from water bodies and residential buildings. If it is not possible to burn, the can must be tightly closed and thrown into a household waste landfill.
It is important to remember that non-observance of safety rules negatively affects, first of all, the condition of the worker. If even this does not help and the mixture gets on the skin, you need to wash it off as soon as possible.
Roundup herbicide reviews
The high efficiency of the herbicide and its relative safety led to the widespread distribution of Roundup, both on farms and private households.
In most reviews, users note the effectiveness of the substance, active and rapid suppression of weeds.
However, along with the positive, there are also negative ones. Thus, it is noted that Roundup negatively affects not only weeds, but also beneficial crops and soil microflora. In addition, a list of the negative effects of herbicide contact with the skin is noted.
However, it should be noted that the latter is not a reasonable disadvantage. Roundup is a herbicide, the instructions of which indicate that it is recommended to follow safety rules when using it.
Roundup is a broad-spectrum herbicide, the work of which is aimed at suppressing the vital activity of weeds.
It is used both in private gardening and farming. With a number of disadvantages, it is distinguished by its high speed and accuracy of impact on weeds.
For more information on the correct use of herbicides, see the video: