We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Thyme or thymus, thyme, as well as Bogorodskaya grass (lat. Remember what the thyme looks like in the photo, and you can easily find the plant.
- Brief description of species
- The healing qualities of thyme
- Thyme: contraindications
- Thyme: recipes
- Growing conditions
Brief description of species
The plant may look like regular flowers or a shrub (thyme in the photo). Branches, flowers and seeds are harvested for use in cooking or medicine. They are dried and stored in dry rooms for no more than two years. Fresh leaves of thyme treat skin wounds, edema. Most often, infusions are prepared from dried thyme (1 tablespoon per glass of water), added to food as a seasoning. Thyme seeds can be planted on your site, it is not difficult to grow it at home.
- Creeping thyme (Thymus serpyllum)
- Flea Thyme (Thymus pulegioides)
- Lemon-scented thyme (Thymus citriodorus)
- Early thyme (Thymus praecox)
- Siberian thyme (Thymus sibiricus)
- Japanese thyme (Thymus japonicus)
- Common thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
The healing qualities of thyme
- The plant has antiseptic, bactericidal properties, promotes wound healing.
- Thyme is indispensable in the treatment of respiratory diseases: bronchitis, cough, pneumonia, whooping cough, and even tuberculosis.
- Thyme can be called the best friend of men because it contains zinc, which has a positive effect on sexual function and prevents prostatitis.
- Thyme perfectly stimulates the secretion of digestion, dried leaves of the plant are used for all kinds of infusions, teas are brewed.
- Powdered thyme is used externally. Various dressings are made from the powder. The properties of thyme are used to reduce pain syndromes in radiculitis. When the powder is added to the ointment, the joints are rubbed with rheumatism, the peri-lumbar region is rubbed with inflammation of the sciatic nerve.
- The thyme bath has a calming effect on the nervous system, helps against various skin lesions, metabolic disorders.
- The presence of thyme in the bedroom promotes healthy sleep, cures insomnia.
Failure to comply with the dosage of thyme or its haphazard, excessive use can affect the function of some glands (liver, kidneys, thyroid gland, stomach). These organs are affected by the preservative thymol, which is part of the Bogorodskaya grass.
Moderately affects the performance of blood vessels. Therefore, in case of severe heart problems, be careful, control your condition, and consult with your therapist.
Lung inhalation and tinctures
- Dried raw thyme is used. Put no more than 1 tbsp in boiling water. tablespoons of powder. For two hours, it settles in a thermos.
- Drink after meals for 1 tbsp. spoon.
- The infusion is recommended for inhalation of water vapor under a towel.
Tea for dysbiosis, stimulating digestion
- A pinch of powder or fresh sprigs of Bogorodskoy grass is added to the brew of green tea. For immunity, you can pour a handful of rose hips.
- Drink all day long.
The aromatic properties of thyme are used in aromatherapy. They soothe, reduce fatigue and distraction.
Thyme is easy to propagate by cuttings. It is enough to pinch off a small twig and dig in a few nodes. Creeping varieties, when in contact with the soil, take root on their own, so the clumps of plants can be divided quite often during the spring and summer. It is undesirable to divide the thyme in late autumn.
Thyme seeds are sown in greenhouses and in planting bowls in March-April. It is difficult to keep track of the germination of seeds in the open field, since the seeds and seedlings are very small, the weeds will drown them out.
Thyme does not tolerate an acidic reaction, it needs light, permeable soils. In the shade, the shoots become thinner and the plant gradually falls out. The plant needs open spaces without stagnant water. Frost resistant. In gardens, thyme is usually planted near the aisles. Passing by, you involuntarily touch the plant with your feet, and the whole neighborhood is filled with a wonderful, pleasant smell.
Thyme is a very beautiful, healthy and aromatic plant. In ancient Greece, it was used for temple incense, hence the term "incense." In Ancient Russia, on the church feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, it was used to decorate icons, which is why its name "Bogorodskaya grass" appeared. If you still haven't had time to get to know this plant, it's time to do it - you definitely won't regret it.